top of page

Employment Support Allowance (ESA)

Employment Support Allowance (ESA): Welcome
A picture of Nicki, The Nurse, smiling with her French Bulldog Walter.

You can apply for ESA if you have ‘limited capability for work’ - meaning that you have difficulty working because you are sick or disabled. You can claim ESA whilst claiming PIP, and if you are employed but can't work due to illness or disability, you can claim Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) from your employer for 28 weeks. If you aren’t fit for work following these 28 weeks, you will be entitled to claim ESA. You can start your claim 12 weeks (3 months) before your SSP is due to end, even if you are self-employed. As a legal advocacy service, we're happy to help you through any and every step of the process.

There's more to come on this page, but if you're eager to find out more you can always contact us.

Employment Support Allowance (ESA): About
bottom of page